MHA@GW Financial Aid
How to Apply For a Student Loan:
1. Complete the FAFSA using GW School Code 001444 at https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
2. Students who have not borrowed a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan within the last ten years complete the Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN online at https://studentloans.gov.
3. All first-time borrowers are required to complete Entrance Counseling as a graduate or professional student regarding their rights and responsibilities as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan borrower. Entrance Counseling can be completed online at https://studentloans.gov.
4. Complete GW’s Supplemental Graduate Loan Questionnaire which is found through Forms and Documents only if:
- The student declined all or a portion of their Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan via GWeb that was originally offered to them;
- Loan eligibility is regained after being lost for any reason; or
- The student is in an eligible Health Professions and is applying for the summer portion of their loan.
5. In some instances we will be required to collect additional information. If that need arises we will contact you in writing.
For additional information on Federal Student Aid programs, please visit www.studentaid.ed.gov or contact the GWSPH Financial Aid Office at (202) 994-0398 or GWSPHfinaid@gwu.edu.