Health Systems Analysis Immersion
March 19–23, 2018
The next Health Systems Analysis immersion will be held in Phoenix, Arizona, on March 19–23. As the fifth largest city in the United States, Phoenix provides health services to a growing and diverse population through a network of primary care and specialty providers. While in Phoenix, students will carefully examine population health from the perspectives of acute care hospitals, primary care clinics, long-term care, veteran health services, behavioral health services, and care provided through the Indian Health Service.
Featured Phoenix Health Systems
During the Phoenix immersion, students will visit and examine the following health systems:
- Banner Health Center, a convenient family care center with an emphasis on prevention and wellness
- The VA, which provides quality health care services to veterans living in central Arizona
- Maricopa Integrated Health System, which has provided care for over 16,500 inpatients and 432,600 outpatients annually1
- Ensign Group, the independent operating affiliates of The Ensign Group (ENSG), which offers a range of post-acute care, including assisted living and rehabilitative care
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, a nationally recognized center for tertiary care, medical education and research
When not participating in immersion activities, students will have free time to explore the history, beauty and culture of Phoenix. Immersion attendees can enjoy a scenic hike on Camelback Mountain, visit the Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park or even make a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to advance your career in health care management with an online MHA from GW, request more information today.