The goal of the Department of Health Services Management and Leadership is to provide health care delivery organizations with talented graduates who possess the knowledge, skills and attitude to deliver health services in the most effective and efficient manner possible. The MHA@GW program is designed to develop students’ skills in leadership, communication, relationship management, business acumen and professionalism across the widest possible spectrum of health care delivery organizations.
Upon completion of the MHA, students will be prepared to:
- Lead and manage others, plan and implement change and engage in honest self-assessment. Related courses: Modules 1, Module 8, Immersions 1, 2 and 4
- Enhance and improve communication and relationship management within interpersonal communication, verbal and written communication and team-based processes. Related courses: All modules, all immersions, organizational research project and final portfolio
- Apply core skills and knowledge to business problem solving, decision-making and project management. These skills include quantitative ability, financial management, economic analysis and information and technology management. Related courses: All modules & all immersions
- Utilize the core elements of ethics and professionalism to improve management practice within health care delivery organizations. Related courses: All modules & all immersions
- Apply appropriate knowledge of health care issues and trends, health care personnel, standards and regulations and population assessment to optimize the delivery of services. Related courses: Module 4 and Immersion 3
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to advance your career in health care management with an online MHA from GW, request more information today.